Positive Community Participation
Scour’s safe and fun atmosphere is in the care of each member. Any member that notices abuse of the site is encouraged to report it immediately. Reporting abuse helps Scour to remove it more quickly, keeping our online community safer and more enjoyable for everyone.
You can be very helpful to others by sharing things you know, your personal experience and situations, and your opinions. Make a good contribution by sharing what you are familiar with.
Others will be sharing their opinions, and the opinions expressed are likely to be differing and diverse. Be respectful of others’ opinions. A respectful atmosphere will make the community a better place for sharing views and opinions.
Remember that Scour is open to users as young as 13
Keep this in mind when posting comments on the Scour blog and don’t use sexual or vulgar language or images. Also, please refrain from insulting others, using slurs or objectionable terms. Remember that Scour is a public community, and we’re trying to keep it clean. If you exhibit inappropriate behavior your comment will not be displayed. This is a diverse community aimed to make search results more relevant. Hate speech, discriminatory words and negative behavior are not acceptable.
Don’t Break Local or Federal Laws While Using the Scour Blog
Please do not break the laws of your town, city, state, province, or country on Scour. Do not attempt to trick people into sharing their personal information, don’t harass, threaten, impersonate or hurt others, don’t invade the privacy of others, don’t try to steal anything copyrighted, trademarked, or otherwise not yours… don’t break any laws.
Don’t Leave Malicious Comments
Do not link to or promote any site that has viruses or other malicious programs that may interfere with Scour or with other users. Show some responsibility and integrity. We do not want Scour users to provide advice or other information that may cause others harm.
Recommend good behavior, and report the bad stuff
If you see a great comment, show your approval of it by recommending it. Others will be more likely to read it if they know someone else has found it helpful. If you see any abuse, report it immediately to email@example.com. If all of Scour’s users watch out for abuse, we can work better to keep Scour a safe place.
All Scour account / Scour Blog issues and concerns should be emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Scour blogger you agree to the following:
1. Content: All submitted comments are voluntary and subject to being viewed by the public, not just Scour staff members. Scour reserves the right to restrict or delete any comments that are submitted to the Scour Blog. As a condition to your use of this Web Site and/or Blog, you agree to comply with any laws, rules, and regulations that are applicable to you as a member or otherwise. For Scour terms and conditions please visit www.scour.com/terms. Failure to comply with the Scour Blog guidelines may affect your Scour membership.
2. Responsibility of Contributors. If you operate a blog, comment on a blog, post material to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- The downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- If your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- You have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- The Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- The Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- The Content is not obscene, libelous or defamatory (more info on what that means), hateful or racially or ethnically objectionable, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;